The West Bengal Mineral Development and Trading Corporation Limited (WBMDTC Ltd), is a wholly owned Govt. of West Bengal Undertaking under Commerce & Industries department , and was incorported in the year 1973. It is engaged in the field of mining and trading of minerals in the state of West Bengal.
WBMDTC was ready to start production from their coal mines at Barjora, Durgapur. The corporation was facing challenges for managing post sales activities due to manpower shortage, absence of technological knowhow and lack of proper IT infrastructure.
To develop a robust online system that will address the areas of:
- Consumer Management & Documentation
- Coal Value Management
- Delivery Order Processing
- Lifting & Quota Management
- Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) & Refund Management
- Status Tracking
The CoalJunction approach
The coaljunction team worked closely with the Sales Office, Finance and Area Office personnel of WBMDTC to identify the requirements.Working closely with the technology team of mjunction, an online module was developed that would be capable of delivering the following:
- Both WBMDTCL Head Quarter and Project Office would be able to access the consumer details online on real time basis and consumers would be able to view the status of their registration and document status online.
- The consumers would be able to know the exact payments to be made from their own location thus minimizing the instances of extra/short payments . The system generated MIS would help WBMDTCL to reconcile the payments on daily basis.
- Delivery Orders would be instantly generated and printed online after the accounting of coal value payment. Refunds / Earnest Money forfeiture would be processed immediately after Delivery Order generation. Consumers would be able to track the status of Delivery Order, Refund & EMD Forfeiture online.
- System generated sms/ mails would be sent to consumers intimidating day wise lifting allotment which would also be available online. The area office would be able to capture the consignment wise lifting details in the module which is available to WBMDTCL HQ and consumers on a daily basis. Consumers would be able to login and view the details of the lifted and balance quantity.
- After the completion of the lifting period WBMDTCL would be able to instantly generate consolidated lifting statement and would also able to generate the refund advice and the Earnest money forfeiture statement for instant processing of refunds.
- WBMDTCL and the consumers would be able to view and track all details on real time basis from any location. The management at WBMDTCL would also able to download various important MIS & reports like percentage lifting, Refund Status etc.
Benefits to the clientBack to top
The online Post Sales Management System was successfully implemented at WBMDTCL in April, 2012 resulting in:
- Reduced cycle time
- Reduced documentation
- Improved business efficiency and quality of services
- Convenience for WBMDTCL as well as buyers
- Buyer satisfaction resulting in increased business